dimanche 22 septembre 2013

Lens Based Media Final Project

For this project we have been asked to produce 6 pictures that will tell a story. We will need some characters, a problem, a struggle, a solution to the issue and then an end. 


At first I've chosen my housemates to be the characters of my story. I'm still working on the idea of memory, and my new house is a really important place in my life right now. 
Also we suffer from my housemate's passion for cheese quite ofter, so I found interesting and funny to imagine what would be our reaction one day if we were totally tired of smelly cheese in the kitchen. 
After having decided which character will have which role, I've drawn the storyboard of how the story should be. 


Here is my sketchbook, with explanation for every pictures. 


1- I wanted to show the nice and friendly atmosphere of the houseshare. I chose to take a picture of the girls cooking all together and then add some hearts flying in the air. It gives the cartoon side I was looking for the story. I wanted it to be fun and out of reality, like my life in this house. 

2- Anna comes back home with what's going to be the disturbing element in the house. The arrival of the cheese triggers anger in the other housemates. An issue is now in the heart of the house. Anna can't keep and cook the cheese, she needs to leave and take it with her. 

3- The black cloud represents the housemates' exasperation. Anna has no other choice but to leave. 

4- Anna is sitting outside of the house. She needs to find a way to come back. She needs an idea. We can imagine her staying here for a while before finding the perfect idea (illustrated by the bulb)

5- She knocks on the door and the girls come to open her. When they see her holding the clothespins, they can't help laughing. I wanted to find a resolution as simple as possible, as I'd like my troubles to be as simple as this in the future. 

6- Happiness is back on the house's agenda, the girls are cooking together like they used to do, thanks to Anna's idea. 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire