dimanche 15 septembre 2013

Final Project Graphics week



For the last day of this week in Graphics we were asking to create something that will represent us in the future, in 2033 (so in 20 years). I tried to image what I would be at this period of my life, and naturally my thoughts went to Architecture. My biggest dream is to be an architect, that's why I've chosen this theme for my final project. 


My sketchbook 

At first I decided to cut a shape of me into paper. This represents me, being an architect. So I had the idea to fill the shape with every buildings, monuments, ... that had inspired me, in every moments of my life, in my choice of being an architect. I chose structures I've visited during my life. There are buildings that I love in my city (Marseille) like "La cité radieuse" built by Le Corbusier, or the new built museum, the MUCEM, modern and so beautiful near the sea. (by Rudy Ricciotti) There are also architectures from places I've visited, such as the Royce Hall in UCLA (LA), Malaga's city hall (by Manuel Rivera Vera), London Eye or El Duomo (Milan)... This also shows how trips abroad had made the person I am. 

 Here are the buildings' pictures arranged on the shape. 



Then I also decided to create two arms (my arms) filled with pictures of places where I see me living or working in the future. They represent what I would like to build in these different cities. I've chosen pictures of places I've already been to (such as London my favorite city, or Los Angeles) but also lots of dream places, where there is a great potential for creation (such as NY, South America, Dubai...) 

here is the final installation, me as an architect, in my office, working on my projects. 


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire