vendredi 20 septembre 2013

Lens Based Media Day 1


On the first day of the exploration week in Lens Based Media, we were asking to produce 5 pictures that represent the following words : 


#happy
I've taken this pictures of bottles of Coca Cola in Tesco near Ravensbourne. I was looking for something warm, colorful to illustrate the word. I found interesting to take this picture, Coca Cola can be associated to happiness with its campaign slogan : Open Happiness. 
Also this bottles, well arranged in the shop, with their bright red label were the warm and colorful objects I was looking for. 

#sad
For this picture, I was wandering outside of Rave's building and I found this empty café's terrace, nobody was there only the chairs and tables were left. A chair was on the floor, "alone", and this scene reminds me of pictures from war, or reportages we can see on TV. 
I decided to use this picture in B&W, still to reminds me of old pictures, and to add some blur on it. For me it gives the impression of a deserted terrace after a bomb attack, or of a ghost town after everyone has left. And these things represent for me "sadness"

#echo 
I found interesting to take this picture of  cycles in front of Rave's building. I use an effect to transform their shape so they all look the same. Also we have the impression that the line of cycles never ends. 






#jump 
I didn't want to take a picture of someone in the air or something that I had thrown. Instead I chose to take a picture of some who just finished jumping and touch down the floor. She's not looking at the sky but at her feet. She still have her hands up. 




#fall
I think we were expected to take a picture of something that is falling, that is not placed somewhere special, but something that is "moving". 
I chose to have a different vision and to understand the word "fall" like autumn in american. I took this picture outside Rave, this tree is the typical example of this season. Also we can imagine these leaves falling, or fallen ones all around the tree. 




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire