mardi 3 septembre 2013

DAY 1 : Past Memories, Present Day

So here are the 10 items I chose to represent my past and present. I didn't have lots of things because I just moved in from France. I took what I thought was the best in everything I had in my luggages. 

- Yoga for dummies 

I chose this book, yoga for dummies, because I always have it with me, I think I bought it years ago, and I didn't start doing yoga yet ! Every year I say, I have to go to yoga class, I have to start reading this book .. And it is always on my shelves at home and I never read it. Now I have it in London with me and I hope I'll have time to read it and start practicing yoga now ! I think this book represents all the things I've always wanted to do and I've never done, because I had no time or because I was too lazy. This year is a new start and hope I'll be a new person trying to do different things ! 

- Floral Bracelet 

Here is one of the floral bracelet we are given in my family country village in France. I went there every summers and there is a big party in August, like the village's annual party. And we are given this floral bracelet every year. I have lots of them at home, I bring one in London. It represents all the good things I lived with my family, friends, cousins here every year since I am born. I think I lived there the best moments of my past life so I hope I will have such good moments in my new life in London ! 

- Train ticket 

 


I think this is the transition between my past life in Marseille (France) and London. It is my Eurostar ticket, I took to move in one week ago ! I made it like two flags in one, I am from Marseille, France is still in my heart, but now I am a "londoner". So this ticket is like me, divided into two cities ! 

- Pasta : Barilla packaging 



This one is a big one for me, because I love SO MUCH pasta, I think I will be able to eat some every day, every meals. Farfalle is one of the first things I bought here in London .. It also represents my italian origins. 

- Dreams catcher 

I think I have this dreams catcher since I can't remember. I always had it hanging in my room to protect me from bad dreams. It is one of my nursery friend that gave it to me. I told her I had bad dreams so the following day she showed up with this and told me that it will protect me ! It is kind of a cute story so I love having it with me everywhere I go. 

- Padlock 

I chose the padlock because I used to be shy when I was young. I generally don't like talking about me with people I don't know much. I'm kind of a secret girl, I don't go to meet new people. I may seem a bit snobbish, maybe it is because I am French haha, I always wait for people to make the first step. But when they do I can't strop talking, I am a chatterbox, I feel sorry sometimes for my friends!! :)

- Antigone, Jean Anouilh 

Antigone is one of my favorite books. It was the one that makes me wanted to take acting lessons. I like Antigone character, really complex, we don't know if she annoys us or if we like her. On the drawing I draw her stepping out of the cover, leaving her uncle and his rules. She chose to act like she wanted, good or bad choice she doesn't give up on what she thinks. 

- Sewing machine


Here is my grandmother's old Singer sewing machine. I love sewing and it was on this machine that I first tried. I love customizing and creating clothes, I actually had an online website with my best friend where we were selling our pieces. I should definitely try to keep up doing this here in London but I don't think I will have so much time. 

- Underground tickets from Marseille 


These are some underground tickets I was really happy to find hidden in my handbag. They are from Marseille's underground, I found them so colorful and beautiful. I found funny the fact that these tickets are pretty and lively, with a beautiful design, compared to the underground itself in Marseille. It is old, grey and dirty, not modern and pleasant like what we can think when looking at these pieces of paper. 

- Pineapple sock


The pineapple is like a big private joke with my best friends, something I won't explain here because I don't want you to already take me for a weirdo after 1 day of class, but this fruit is really important for me. It is like a symbol, it represents my closest friends in Marseille and my life in High School. This is actually a sock I bought in London, me and my best friend have the same pair. I think you will see me using the pineapple numerous times during the foundation year. I find it really design and friendly, isn't it ? 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire