vendredi 28 février 2014

Columbia Road Flower Market

Colombia Road Flower Market - Hoxton 

This was a revelation when I first visit this market. It is my all time favourite place in London, I would come every sunday if I could, even everyday if it was opened. I think this place as such an amazing potential. It is so unique and beautiful. 
I think it is such a perfect area to live. Close to the centre but in the same time it feels like a little village. 
I think it will be a perfect environment for my FMP. 


Everything can be inspiring : Flowers, food, buildings, colours, architecture, people, music, ...
I like that even if it's mainly a flower market, you can find different kinds of food. 
There is also a vintage / car boot sales market. 
I've never seen so many flowers in a same place before. You can find anything you want at a good price. 
Like Borough market, this market is very popular, and when it's busy it is very difficult to walk in. 
The street is narrow, it would need some work done. 


You can find lots of different shops, selling vintage, food/drinks, interior/home, children's clothes, fashion, toys, kitchenware, art and design, ... 
I think anyone can find something he likes in this really small area.  


The good thing is also bands and singers that come to perform in the street. If you come frequently you can discover lots of new talents, that you would never have listened to somewhere else. 
This is a good thing about East London, people seems free to do whatever they want, to try to thing and all the new concepts come from here. 
It is always changing. 


I'm in love with the architecture in this street. Every single house is different ! I love the bright and beautiful colours. I thing it cheers so much the place up. Because the houses are just simple bricks structures. Adding a bit of colours always make things look better (in my opinion). 
After a morning in this heaven I'm totally sure I want it to be involved in my FMP. 
I need to explore more the area, but I think London of Borough of Hackney is such a nice location. It is close enough to the centre for people to come easily (lots of underground/overground/trains/bus) and in the same time there will have more space to build something (there is no space in central london.) 




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire