vendredi 7 février 2014

Client / Architect Project : Modern cabin in the wood

Alexandra's questionnaire
For this project we were working in pairs, I was given Alexandra's questionnaire with her answers. I chose to use 5 words to create something that she will like. The words were : Winter, Inside, Contemporary, Metal and Urban. I've done lots of researches on architectures and design that can illustrate these words. And then I tried to find something that will gather the 5. With winter and inside I thought about a cosy place, to drink hot chocolate and relax without being cold, looking at the snow falling outside. My idea was to design a cabin in the wood. But as Alexandra really likes contemporary and urban architecture, the cabin must not be in wood, but in concrete or metal and modern lines. 
So the project will be a modern cabin (for holidays) in the wood. 



 

Floor plan details :
I really liked this project because it gave us an idea of how we will work as an architect in the future. We will have clients and they will come to our office with an idea for their house, hospital, library... And we will have to make it real. 

I discovered the project by Olson Kundig Architects. They build a Chicken Point cabin in Seattle Lake. 
The process they used for the windows is absolutely brilliant. 



It was hard because Alexandra has tastes completely opposed to mines (For my questionnaire I chose different answers almost every time) but that is why it was interesting because I had to create something that is not what I do normally, something new. Unfortunately Alexandra was absent every day during the 2 weeks of the project so I couldn't speak a lot with her. I am happy with the final design thought, I loved working with sketch up, it gives you a lot of possibilities to illustrate your idea. 

I chose 'Le lac d'Allos' (Allos' lake) in the Alps (France) because it is a place I've been to many times, it is close to my holiday house, and I found it perfect for a relax and holiday spot. It is a famous location for hiking lovers and skiers. The lake view is stunning, it is surrounded by mountains and wildlife, but it is not really far from small villages, local amenities and lots of ski resorts (Pra Loup, La Foux and Le Seignus d'Allos).

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire