vendredi 28 février 2014

Borough Market

Borough Market - London Bridge / Borough 

Borough Market is the first food market I discovered in London and it's also one of my favourite. 
Even if it's such tourist attraction, it is such a perfect location for a saturday london under the sun. 
Lot's of people know it and love it. 


Vising the market was such a great inspiration. Seeing all this colours and different textures. Smelling all this amazing odors while walking around the old and beautiful architecture of the venue. 
Borough Market is such a symbol, like Tower Bridge or Big Ben. 
I think I will base my FMP around markets because I think it will be such a fun project to do. 
There is so much to do and it's very popular. 
Maybe rehabilitation of borough market ? 
Extend it ? 
Create more rooms for different activities within the market ? 


As the market is so popular, during busy hours, you can't walk and you have to queue all the time. I think the market was create for less people and now it needs to get some work done. 
It also needs additional seatings. Few stands offer tables and chairs to sit and the little place by the church where everyone goes is packed all the time. 
Restaurants propose seating but it's only for customers. 


There is food from everywhere in the world : Indian, French, German, Italian... 
You heard lots of different languages. It is very cosmopolitan. 
I like the atmosphere here. I can definitely image doing my FMP in this place. 
I would create additional seating and maybe extend the market to give people larger roads to walk between the stands and access easier. 


The market has also a perfect location ! It is situated within zone 1. Close to 2 underground stations (London Bridge and Borough). LB is also an important train station.
There are many buses arriving from central London and the South.
Everyone needs this place so it won't need any advertising, it will just be a project to bring novelty into the area.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire