samedi 19 avril 2014

Facts about the borough of Hackney

I presented my idea to my peers during groups talks and they found it interesting but maybe I should change it to create something that does not already exist. 
It is true because it is East London, and it is home to every new concerts venues, cafe and markets (there is lots near Haggerston Park : Brick Lane market, Spitalfields market, Broadway market...)
I remembered meeting my cousine and her housemate, he is working for Hackney Council, and he takes care of juvenile offenders. Lots of children, aged 10-15 are commiting crimes such as stabbing or dealing drugs, and I thought they were really young and we need to worry about that. Being from a high criminality city as well, in France, I am really concerned about people quality of life and young people education.
I have done some research online on Hackney Council website and I found lots of facts and figures about Child poverty in the borough. Haggerston has the highest percentage as well as teenage pregnancy and educational failure. 




Haggerston has the highest rate for children living in poverty in the all borough. It is more than 50% of the children. 






I actually completely changed my idea, I am making a Children's centre inside Haggerston Park. It will be link to Hackney City Farm and it will welcome children from the borough.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire