samedi 26 avril 2014

Children's questionnaires (filled)

Because I change my project I had to think about a new questionnaire and new audience. It will mainly be children aged between 3 to 10 and maybe parents. Children will have to answer questions about their tastes in colours, games, materials, etc. And parents will be asked about prices, centre's amenities, social help, etc.
I wanted the questionnaire to be for people living in Hackney only, but when I went to the area it
was really hard to find people that were actually living there. It is now a very trendy area, and lots of families and tourists come here to enjoy what the area has to offer. I then changed my questionnaire to accept people that work in Hackney (if parents work in the borough, it will be great to have a place close to their work, it will be easier for them to pick the children up.) I also put people that have relatives living in the borough.
I came back with my new questionnaire but lots of people didn't have time or didn't want the children's to answer questions. Lots of parents were showing protective. I couldn't spend hours looking for people so at the end I ended up with few questionnaires filled. It didn't really help me, the answers were very eclectic.
I choose to consider the area's architecture to find my final design. East London was bombed during World War II And we can nowadays find lots of concrete buildings. I thought about bringing the area's history into my centre.
As concrete is not really joyful, and because I was inspired by festival structures / Columbia Road Market, I thought about a colourful structure that will cheer the building up. 





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire