vendredi 18 avril 2014

Idea presentation in front of peers and tutor


Moving to a big city like London enables me to discover different areas and atmospheres. I found in East London, Hackney / Tower Hamlets boroughs, some really nice neighbourhoods, with a new artistic and trendy side. Despite some beautiful and rich areas, there are lots of grim and sad places and Hackney has one of the highest crime rate in London. I think this area shows lots of contrasts. There are beautiful and colorful areas such as Columbia Road Market or Brick Lane and then grey and concrete based building. Hackney has one of the highest percentage of council housings in London.

I would like my project to be a building or a structure that will cheer inhabitants' everyday life. I will take the oppotunity given by the FMP to research and work in this field with lots of interests. Haggerston Park is central and well connected to London. It has a great potential, with lots of activities (such as Hackney Farm or BMX tracks) and I think it will be interested to redevelop it into one area for everyone, such as a pop up market with a cafe and concerts. I went to the exhibition 'Sensing Spaces' where I discovered the work of architect Diébédo Francis Kéréand how he sees interaction between architecture and people.

I thought it may be a good idea to create a structure in interaction with Hackney inhabitants. lots of people there maybe never had the opportunity to go to a concert so I would like the place to be a sociable structure, with low prices and volunteers working there to allow everyone to enjoy it.
I would like to use as many ways as possible to illustrate my ideas, and try new softwares (3D modeling) or mediums I have never used before. I will draw, visit places of interests and question people living in the area, as they will be my main source of inspiration. I will challenge myself by trying new methods of models making as well as lots of floor plans. I will discuss as much as possible with my peers, thought my student blog or class debates. 


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire