samedi 1 mars 2014

East London Parks

Now I have found a general location for my FMP (London Borough of Hackney) I need to focus on a more precise area, maybe a park where I can set up my structure.
It needs to be easy to access and big enough to welcome any kind of architecture.
I went around this 3 East London Park :

Allen Park in Shoreditch

Haggerston Park 

London Fields


All of them are located near overground stations, even if London Fields is a bit apart.
The most interesting for me is Haggerston Park. Here are all its facilities :
-Children's play area
- Basket ball
-Athletics track (seasonal)
-BMX cycle track
-Multi-use games area
-Ping Pong table
-Hackney City Farm
-Toilets
-Dog walking area
-Grass area and pond.

It is also close to lots of trains/underground/overground station :
Hoxton (overground)
Shoreditch High Street (overground)
haggerston (overground)
Cambridge Heath (train)
Bethnal Green (Tube + train)
London Fields (train)

Haggerston Park is such a wild park. There is only grass area and some playgrounds for young people. It can totally welcome a new structure.
I think about creating a wooden pop up / covered market, which main activity will be flowers (It will be like a second part of Columbia Road Flower Market, so it will be less packed on Sunday morning, and more people will be able to enjoy the area) but we will sell food and drinks too. There will be a little café, like Lily Vanilli (or maybe relocated Lili Vanilli here because it needs somewhere with more space ? We know that the biggest issue was the lack of sitting areas) and concerts venues for the local musicians to perform while people are enjoying the market.

I think now I found my idea and my location. I need to do more research for design idea and floor plan. I also have to do some research within the local idea to see if a project like that would be feasible.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire